Sunday, July 22, 2012

small town.

This weekend has been one of the funnest weekends I've had all summer. I found I really love my job, and the people I work with. (especially jake. he's attractive). I also found that small towns maybe aren't as bad as I thought they were. 

Up in Cache Valley there is a tiny little town called Mendon. To get there you have to drive past the dump, and the swamps. But it's a pretty little town, and I mean gorgeous. the landscape is lovely. This little town called Mendon happens to be where my father grew up. I know your asking why would I care? And you probably don't. But, I've had the opportunity to be living up in Mendon at my uncle's house. It's been a blast. Especially this weekend. Because it was the annual Mendon Pioneer Day Celebration. And I should be completely honest. I usually hate dumb celebrations like this. But this celebration made an exception to the rule. I spent the day hanging out with my Dad's two brothers sand their families. And not to mention being dragged all over the place so Andy could introduce me to people. That wasn't much of an introduction. because he'd just ask people. "Do you know who this is?" "This is Mark's daughter." and then people would start in on stories about my dad. and saying i knew you when you were just this big. and they'd put there hand down in measurement of about the height of a three year old. and then they'd say, tell your dad hello. just about everyone in that town told me to say hi to dad. haha. I even met my dad's two best friends growing up. weird. anyway, I really am getting to the good part. My cousin who's my age finally took pity on me, and rescued me from the adults. He was kind enough to let me hang out with all his friends. Which I'm not going to lie was terribly awkward at first. Because they all knew each other. and I only know my cousin. so I was unfortunately the odd one out. but as the night wore on, I got talking to his one friend a lot. And after the fireworks he asked me for my number. yes (: a boy asked me for my number. total movie moment. I'm excited. I have at least one friend up there! and he's a cute boy! What more could a girl ask for?

I guess what I'm getting at is, I'm really enjoying living in Cache Valley. And i'm not so worried about making friends anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment